Thursday, July 12, 2012

It's Just One of Those Things That a Girl Goes Through

So when I heard about this offer through my friend's blog www.fortheloveoftherun.com to try Instead Softcups www.softcup.com and then give my honest review of this tampon/pad alternative, and in return I would be reimbursed for my Philly Marathon registration fee, I thought, "this is a no-brainer!"
Within days I received my package of Instead Softcups in the mail. They came with an instruction pamphlet and each softcup was wrapped in a little purple package.

discreet purple package!


The first thing I thought was, "no one will know what this thing is if it falls out of my purse." When a tampon falls out of your purse, it's obvious what's inside that plastic wrapper, but this, this is discreet. And you won't accidentally take it out of your purse in hopes that it is the pen you are searching for in the bottom of your bag!
So I opened up one of the purple packs and found what looks like one of those popular rubbery bracelets that everyone is wearing nowadays(like the yellow Livestrong ones) and attached to the "bracelet" was a thin,clear, flexible "cup." I thought these things were going to look and feel like hard rubber cups and that you just wash and reuse, but these are the throw-away kind(although I think the company makes the reusable kind as well).
So I used one of the Softcups one day, and it couldn't have been easier. In all honesty, I was afraid that it would get "lost" or go too far up and I would be frantically fishing it out(yes, TMI....I know) but it was as easy as pie to get in AND out. My favorite part about these things is that there is no string to worry about. The first day I used one, I was going to the beach, and normally I would do the "check" when taking my shorts off to make sure no tell-tale string was dangling out of my bathing suit, but with a Softcup, that's not even a concern. No string means no worries.
I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical at first, and I felt like I was back in 8th grade wondering how to use this thing, but it was truly easy and I was worry-free for hours. So thanks Instead Softcup for giving me the nudge I needed to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment