Friday, June 8, 2012

Emjoi Divine is so Divine!

So I win this epilator/shaver/exfoliator through my friend's informational AND motivational site www.fortheloveoftherun.com. I never win anything, so this was awesome for me. Mind you, the last time I tried an epilator, I was maybe 13 years old! I asked for an epilator for Christmas and what do you know, Santa delivered! My best friend came over so we could "experiment" with this device. Well, it hurt, and we could hardly do more than a small patch on our legs when we called it quits and headed to the mall.



Here we are, YEARS later, and I figure technology has made some advances, so let's give it a go. The Emjoi got to my house maybe two days after I won it...they are fast with their shipping! Luckily my husband let me test out the epilator attachment on his back. He hardly has any hairs on his back, just the sporadic curl here and there....so I pulled the skin taut as the directions advised and within minutes he was smooth and hairless. Yes, there was some redness, and at one point he asked what I was doing exactly because he could feel a little "shock" like someone got you with a rubber band. Poor guy, I didn't read the directions well enough and I had the speed setting on "slow" when it's supposed to be used on "high" or fast when you use the epilator piece. Sorry husband! I really am!





I decided to give it a go after I showered(which opens up the pores and gives you time to exfoliate with a body sponge to get rid of dead cells, etc) and the pain wasn't bad at all. I think it was more of a mental thing...I was awaiting the pain, and memories of my teen experience made me wince before I even held the epilator to my skin....but it really was just a slight discomfort. They say after several times the "discomfort" will go away.... I decided to switch over to the shaver attachment and do what I needed to do. The shaver worked well, and it's easy to clean(remove attachment head and brush out hairs with this little brush the Emjoi came with).



All the parts get stored in this cute little bag, which I just throw in a bin in my bathroom until I need to use it again. So thanks Emjoi for an awesome product! No more spending like $12 on plastic razor heads that never fit in the handle I have at home! And no more disposable razors getting rusted on the ledge of my bathtub! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment