Friday, May 18, 2012

Saltstick Caps

So I've been on the market for a hydration drink/tablet/capsule....something that could replenish my sodium, electrolytes and all that good stuff that gets lost when I run.  I can't do the Gatorade thing. The last time I had Gatorade, I think high-fructose corn syrup was a main ingredient, and after watching a documentary on the nasty effects of HFCS, I have tried to keep it out of the foods/drinks that my family and I consume. 

I was happy to win two Nuun tabs as a runner-up prize in an online contest another fellow runner posted, but unfortunately by the time they got from her mailbox to mine, the tablets were a crumbled mess and I couldn't salvage them at all. Sadly they ended up in the garbage.

Then I reached out to Saltstick on my own, and low and behold, they sent me some FREE SAMPLES!




I put one with caffeine(Saltstick Caps Plus) in my water bottle before my run this morning. I must say the taste wasn't awesome, but whatever. Also, I don't know if the capsule would've dissolved on its own in the bottom of my bottle, but since it didn't after a minute or so, I ended up taking it out and ripping the capsule open and then I threw it back in. Maybe next time I will open the capsule and just dump the contents into my water...or it looks like you can just take it like a pill and swallow it before drinking your water. Options my friends, options!

I will continue to use up my Saltstick caps and let you know more, but as of now, I like these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment